Friday, November 6, 2015

NEW Zoologist Perfumes Hummingbird REVIEW + Sample DRAW


Zoologist Perfumes is a Canadian niche perfume brand launched in 2014, founded by Victor Wong who also serves as creative director. The line was very well received in the fragrance community, of which Mr Wong is very much active in.

The first three fragrances released were Beaver composed by Chris Bartlett, Panda and Rhinoceros which were composed by Paul Kiler. I did a house spotlight video last year which you can view here.

For Zoologist Perfumes latest release called Hummingbird, Victor has partnered with revered indie perfumer Shelley Waddington.


Hummingbird is a delightful blend of fruity nectar and light floral notes. It is airy and innocent, and for lack of a better word, pretty. Shelley Waddington has created a delicately balanced composition of notes. Having worked with Shelley on New York Man for The PLP Project, where in my opinion she demonstrates her flair to compose a *manly man* fragrance, here she pulls it back 2 notches and gives us a completely wearable *girly girl* fragrance. Well done!

Thanks to the generosity of Victor, we are offering one lucky reader a chance to win a sample of Hummingbird. To be entered, all you have to do is leave one comment with your favorite Zoologist Perfumes, OR your favorite creation by Shelley Waddington. One winner will be chosen by random.org in about a week. Good Luck, and thanks for reading.

DISCLAIMER: This review was based on a sample sent by the company. All opinions are my own.




10 comments:

  1. Since I have not had the opportunity to try any of the Zoologist Perfumes I can only state that my favorite Shelley Waddington perfume is Carmel Boheme. I love that one.
    Top notes: Sweet Orange, Plum, Muguet
    Heart notes: Enfleurages of Gardenia and Tuberose, French Jasmine
    Base notes: Honey, Frankincense, Labdanum, Amber, Sandalwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any from the house of Zoologist Perfumes but Hummingbird sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frida is my favorite creation by Shelley Waddington. Thanks for the review and draw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not tried The Zoologist Perfumes fragrances. I don't know Chris Bartlett's creations, but I love Paul Kiler's perfumes. Shelley Waddington is in the top of my favorite perfumers. I love all the perfumes she has created. This includes New York Man. Fiore di Bellagio, L'Hombre, Frida, Tagetes Homme, Durango... are only a few of them. Victor's concept sounds nice, but Shelley's work is a very important reason why I would love to experience Hummingbird. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Hummingbird sounds divine, as does Beaver - i have been looking for a linden scent, so i need to try these two especially. Shelly Waddington has produced some beautiful scents and Lorelei totally stands out completely. Thanks for the draw guys - very generous. ta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Hummingbird sounds amazing! I have never tried Zoologist Perfumes. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the draw!! My favorite Zoologist perfume is Beaver. And my favorite from Shelley would have to be NY Man or Zelda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thus far is Panda (for me). I love Rhinoceros for my boyfriend...looking forward to sampling Hummingbird.
    Thank you, as always, for the draw....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two more houses I have yet to try anything from but have been dying to try almost everything! All their fragrances sound wonderful in their own way so why not start here.....thank you for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a fan of the first three zoologist offerings. Rhino's boozy leather is my favorite so far. Looking forward to sampling Hummingbird. Thanks for the draw!

    ReplyDelete